Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day Party

Luke and Cailin both had parties for Valentine's Day at school on Thursday.

Cailin was sick so she didn't get to go, but I was asked to make sugar cookies for her class. Sugar cookies and I don't get along very well! It seems like it takes me forever to get them rolled and then when I am finally ready to cut them out, the last roll of the rolling pin picks up all the dough. I don't ever remember mom having all this trouble. She rolled out the dough, cut them, and baked them in no time flat. Oh well, maybe a few more years and I will be better at it. Cailin wanted each child to have their name on a cookie only I couldn't fit some of the longer ones on the cookie. It was Cailin's idea to just put their first initial and some little flowers.














Luke could decorate a Valentine box for a competition if he wanted to, and he did. His idea was to make a basketball court. He loves basketball! The court part was fairly easy with the help from daddy. I had some figures left over from one of his birthday cakes and we decided to use them. How to get them on the box though. Well, I had some velcro dots and we just put them on the bottom of the figures. It worked perfectly! AND his box won first place! Way to go, Luke!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Very nice box. Congrats on the prize Luke.